What is a webinar and what are its Benefits?
The world today has become a small village where the world wide web has allowed individuals to interact with each other by sitting at their place, and it is possible to attend long lectures and gain knowledge without having to endure the pain of transportation. . Today in this post we are going to tell you about webinar. In this post you will know what is the webinar and how is it beneficial? So let’s first know what is the webinar after all?
What is Webinar?
Webinar An educational, teaching or informational presentation, available on the Internet, whether in the form of audio, video or slides. A webinar can take the form of an academic lecture or seminar, and it relies on Internet-based technologies through which information can be exchanged and files can be shared.
A webinar or conference that allows participants to hear and see the presenter in a variety of locations, and gives them the opportunity to ask or answer questions.
A webinar is an acronym for a web-based seminar, which is either a presentation, lecture, workshop, delivered over the Internet, and can be referred to as a tool.
Which provides many benefits to the learners such as the ability to express themselves, receive or discuss information in a face-to-face meeting.
Webinar can also be called webcast conference which enables students to participate from their homes or other places such as internet cafe, and it promotes learning in a comfortable and close environment.
What benefits does the webinar provide to students and learners?
- Online education: It saves the student from the cost and fatigue of transportation and travel.
- Enjoy low cost learning: The information in the webinar is freely available for review and recall.
- Interactive learning through webinar tools: It is characterized by live interactions with teachers using text, chat or audio programs to enable learners to ask questions, write comments and participate with the audience.
- Webinar provides a multimedia learning environment: In addition to using voice over phone, video and other mediums, webinars have recently relied on a global virtual platform to provide rich scientific experience such as conference rooms, virtual halls and others. Can go
- Obtaining a certificate or scientific degree through webinars: Students who attend webinars can obtain certificates and degrees in many disciplines such as programming, marketing, technology and others, and these certificates are awarded by institutions, agencies or universities. Where webinars are part of distance education which provides academic degrees up to Postgraduate.
- It helps in enhancing the communication between individuals through the Internet.
Features of educational webinars for teachers and students :-
- Webinars help teachers plan effective lessons and workshops, and implement strategies such as deep learning.
- It helps them to use various educational methods such as: quiz, survey, discussion, which they get answered along with the live webinar.
- The webinar encourages students to communicate and interact independently, enhancing their thinking and communication abilities.
- Increases the language skills of the students according to the language of the lecture.
- Students can watch and replay the show multiple times, which helps them learn.
- Through it students can make new friends, get new information and culture, and discuss anything they want with their peers.
Benefits of using webinars :-
- Price: It is affordable and available to all.
- Increased Participation: This is different from traditional lectures, which enables attendees to compose text messages that allow for continuous interaction between users and lecturers while talking without interruption of discussion.
- Revision and collection: A regular webinar also provides notes for memorizing the text, audio files or online documents during and after a webinar discussion, making learning easier. What is my name?
How is a webinar run for educational purposes?
- To conduct webinars, individuals only need to have a computer or smartphone connected to the Internet. All modern computers or mobiles have Basic Requirements.
- Which is in almost all mobiles or computers. For example, you must have a browser or webinar software.
- The webinar is initiated by the lecturer or presenter, who usually sends attendees (students) an email with a link to register on sites like Google Meet and Go to webinar.
- Then the student has to enter his/her email to confirm the registration and activate his/her account.
- Then the student can listen or watch the webinars and presentations at any time, and the webinar time is usually between 60-90 minutes, so he should ensure the stability and speed of his internet connection.
- During a presentation or lecture, students can ask questions by typing in the specified box for questions on the screen on the control room. The audio is muted during the webinar, as the lecturer/teacher answers questions in a timely manner.
- After the webinar, a PDF file is distributed to the registered students on the site so that they can revise what is taught in order to get the highest possible benefit.
Today in this post I told what is webinar and what are its benefits. I hope you got help from this post.
If you liked this post, then definitely share it with other people and if you have any query then comment below.